TikTok has been making waves in the business world with over 2 billion global downloads and 800 million monthly active users. The app’s popularity has encouraged businesses and brands to start sharing their own content on the platform. And paid campaigns are not as costly as their competitors.
Since TikTok is different from mainstream social media, so we’ve put together a step-by-step guide for you to master the art of marketing on TikTok.
- Don’t Think Too Much TikTok is diverse, with different types of people. Most TikTokers are young, but it isn’t that hard to find a different demographic among its 2 billion users. If you’re worried that your brand won’t do well on TikTok because you cater to an older demographic, the best thing you can do is at least try it out. It’s free to download and might lead to free marketing.
- Understanding TikTok TikTok is fun and spontaneous. The short video style is a fresh change from Instagram and Facebook’s static imagery. The only thing you need to remember is that TikTok isn’t a serious platform. You have to be willing to make light-hearted content that is enjoyable.
- Video Style Choose a style for your videos to maintain consistency and a theme. Some things you should consider are brand aesthetic, current campaign, target audience’s preference, and age group. To determine your audience’s preference, check what type of content does well on your other social pages to create a guideline.
- Target the “For You” Page Being featured on the “For You” page as a brand lets you get more likes and followers to interact with your content. Landing on the For You Page of your target audience with good-quality videos increases your chances of getting engagement and followers.
- Hashtags are Game Changers TikTok’s Discover Page is completely based on relevant and trending hashtags. Captions on the app are limited to 100 words, so you are under a limit. It’s best to do your research before to get the best results. If you’re confused about which hashtags to choose from, check out Influencer Marketing Hub’s TikTok Hashtag Generator.
- TikTok Challenges Taking part in challenges is a fun way to interact with your audience and generate engagement. It’s also one of the easier ways to land on the For You Page. Try going a step further and create a challenge yourself. Challenges generate a lot of user-generated content (UGC) and will increase the volume of your brand hashtag in the app.
- Build a Loyal Fan Base Featuring videos of people using or mentioning your product or brand can generate organic engagement. It also helps build a relationship with your audience. Making your audience feel important and cared for is vital in customer relationship management (CRM). Taking a break from the formal persona and letting them see the “real” aspects makes your brand more relatable and trustworthy.
- Influencer Collaborations Collaborating with influencers can give you access to a wider audience and generate UGC. Influencers’ audience trusts them and takes their recommendations seriously. You could also leverage influencer marketing to generate brand awareness by partnering with influencers who align with your brand.
In conclusion, TikTok can be an advertising haven for businesses. While mastering TikTok marketing requires a different approach than conventional social media advertising, following the above steps can help you create a TikTok marketing strategy that engages your target audience and generates organic engagement.