So, we spend days creating an eBook that we believe will entice our potential customers to join our subscription list. Why do we want them on our subscription list? So that they get our newsletters and anything else we can send them to create a building relationship.
So, what do we do now?
If you’re a beginner, then we suggest subscribing to the free MailChimp service.
MailChimp offers two ways to provide a file to your contacts when they subscribe to your email campaigns. They don’t allow attachments, rather, they offer the option to upload your eBook directly to their servers. Thye will host the file for you, so you can link to the file for download in your campaign.
In this article, you’ll learn about two ways to send a file to new subscribers.
Method 1: Add Your File to the Final Welcome Email
After someone opts in to receive your email campaigns, you can send them a final welcome email to confirm their subscription and share an exclusive offer or file.
To add a file to your final welcome email, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Select the drop-down menu for your list, and click Signup forms.
- Select Form builder.
- Select the Final welcome email from the Forms and response emails drop-down menu near the top of the page.
- On the Build it tab, click inside the dashed lines to open the editor.
- Type some text, like “Download your free song,” and highlight it. Then, click the Linkicon.
- In the Insert or Edit Link modal, choose File from the drop-down menu.
- Choose or upload your file, and click Insert.
- When your content is how you want, click Save & Close to return to the Form Builder.
To test the file you added to the final welcome email, you’ll have to go through the signup process. Select Signup form from the Forms and response emails drop-down menu to find your signup form URL.
Please ensure you select the double opt-in option in your campaign in order for this welcome email to be sent.
Method 2: Add Your File to a Welcome Automation
A welcome message automation is a great way to greet new subscribers and help them get to know you.
To use a welcome message automation to send a file to new subscribers, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page.
- Click Create Campaign.
- Click Create an Email.
- Click Automated.
- Click Welcome new subscribers.
- Enter your campaign name and choose a list.
- Click Begin.
- When you get to the emails step, click Design Email to edit the default email in your welcome message automation.
- On the Design step, add your content and follow the steps to create a link to your file.
- Click Save and Continue.
- Finish configuring your automation and click Start Workflow.
When the next person signs up on your list, they’ll receive your automated email or email series with linked files to download.
NoteAutomation settings are directly linked to the list you are sending to. Once you click Start Workflow, you won’t be able to edit the list, automation type, or email order. You can still edit content, however. To make changes to uneditable portions of an automation, replicate your automation and reconfigure the new copy.